Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Number inversions, fall clothes, and more pie!

I weighed in on saturday and I was up 0.2.... bah! Must have been all that pie! Kawartha Dairy Ice Cream didn't help either, I suppose!

After talking to a few ladies at WW, some were up just little bits, like me. I think it's a number inversion thing. REALLY, we are DOWN 0.2 or 0.6 or 3.2! Okay, that one (3.2) we might actually notice! Regardless, such tiny little amounts to be up may as well be looked at as a number inversion. Pee, and it's gone!

But, of course, now that the fall is here and I am wearing slightly heavier clothes that just may be were my 'gain' came from! Ya, that's it! I'm up 0.2 because I wore a heavier sweater? Okay, that's a mind inversion! My mind, at best, can be somewhat twisted so if I choose to believe that my choice of sweater made a huge difference, then so be it! It's me. And that's that. Yes, I know, I'm fooling myself - mostly because I wore the exact thing I have been wearing most of the summer. So the inversion here comes from stupidity!

Regardless of how I see my 0.2 lb gain.... I accepted it.

After the meeting my husband and I went apple picking. I made a delicious apple crisp (a weight watcher recipe at that!) and it was so delicious! Topped it off with a small scoop (about 1/4c, seriously) of Chapman's Frozen Yogurt (which is only about 1 point for the 1/4 c). My dessert - 3 pts! How yummy was that. AND, since it was fall and a beautiful crisp sunny day, I also made a huge pot of vegetable soup, which I have been eating all week. There's something so comforting in a bowl of hot soup! It's zero points! THAT'S the comfort part!

I find my biggest challenges come from being at work. If I'm hungry I head down to the main floor to grab something - the entire way down I am doing self-talking about good choices. People pass me in the hall... and I'm sure they assume I've escaped from somewhere as they hear me mumble "good choices... think healthy... be good.....good... good" The good part is that they clear a path for me. Watch out - here comes that crazy person again! I really should learn to have these conversations in my head! The problem is, of course, that once I get there all this food screams at me - and contrary to popular belief, hospital cafeteria's really do serve some wonderful food now!

This week, Tim Horton's launched the return of the Pumpkin Muffin, Pumpkin Donut, and Pumpkin Spice Tea. Right now, even as I type this, I am salivating! The muffin is to die for. Must... stay... clear....of... Timmies..... Must... stay... clear... of.... Timmies..... Why does fall have to taste so delicious? It's really quite an evil plot to keep me chubby! I have a nice lunch packed today - tuna (on WW bread), veggies, a crisp apple that I picked myself, yogurt.... and that's it. Yum. (must.... stay..... clear..... of.... timmies....)

At the end of the day, I would like to look back and think that I made good choices today, that I thought things through, that I was a success... at least for today!

So, it's Tuesday, and I'm relatively on track and tracking.

Oh... here's one.... I left the house this morning without a jacket - I had left it at a friend's house last night grrr. Anyway, I was a little cool. Thought I'd use that as a good excuse to buy a new coat - until I tried one on at Laura's.... I didn't like the size number and it sort of bulged over my tummy making me look about 7 months pregnant. I hung the coat back up. Caught a glimpse of my profile in the mirror - sans maternity coat - and thought "must...stay...clear...of...Timmies"

I hate fall!

Pass the muffins.

No comments: