Saturday, September 12, 2009

Facing the music... er, Scale!

I weighed in. I didn't kick the scale, although I should have kicked myself! My nasty habits of this week caught up with me when I stepped on the scale and it screamed "get off, you're crushing me!"
I was up - 2 lbs. Well, what did I expect? As I said, I drank and ate my way through the week.
Today's WW topic was "Managing dinner out, breadbasket to dessert." Seriously? I have no issues managing all that. I manage to eat it all quite well thank you! I think I missed the point somewhere in the translation! I am, apparently, supposed to manage dinner out so that I don't overdo the breadbasket, the entree, or the dessert. Just when you think you've been truly successful at one thing, you find out you've been working in reverse the entire time. Oh well.

So today I had to face the scale. 2 lbs. Yes, 2.0. Disgusting, isn't it? The question, however, truly is, what am I going to do about it? Monday I go back to work. I can stay in control when I'm working. Or at least I stay in control most of the time. I still have to get through the rest of this weekend.

Today it is a gorgeous fall day. Sun is shining! No humidity in the air. Just delightful. So what better way to celebrate a fall day then to go to a Fall Fair? This weekend is the Uxbridge Fall Fair and we're heading there shortly. This will be a challenge for me. Getting through the day without gorging myself on all the fall fair delicacies - like corn (dripping in butter), hot dogs, fries, etc. I just need to get through the fair. My plan for success today includes packing a small bag with fruit and water so that when the hungries hit, I can dig into my bag.

I sound so successful don't I? Right now I'm sitting here with toasted cranberry & walnut bread (we bought it at Mariposa Market this week and it's so yummy) smeared in butter and fresh peach jam.

I faced the scale today, what's next for me?

Facing the fatty in the mirror.

No comments: