Monday, February 9, 2009

Let's Make A Deal....

Let's Make A Deal... Monty Hall.... game show... come on, you've heard of it!! Hmm, maybe I'm dating myself here. LMAD was a game show where people in the audience dressed in the wackieste costumes they could think of to get the attention of MC Monty Hall. He would then ask them for stupid things like "I'll give you $100 right now if you have a used tea bag in your purse" Usually somebody did! But then there was the big deal at the end "do you want to trade your veg-o-matic chopper for what's behind door number 1, door number 2, or door number 3? And yes people did. Sometimes they got awesome trips, sometimes they got, um, teabags!

Fast forward to 2008 - Deal or no deal. You don't even need a teabag for that one! Just figure out where the money is in the briefcases (held by very trim models) and you win.

Fast forward again - February 8, 2009. Let's Make A Deal or No Deal - Nash version!

Yes, that's right... I struck a deal! I was complaining that I had no clothes to wear - okay well I had clothes, just not anything I liked wearing! sheesh... don't be so technical! Anyway...... My husband asked me the dangerous question about what my 'goal weight' was. Gulp. I told him! Yikes... right out on that proverbial limb! So here's the deal.... My darling man made me a deal - reach my goal weight and he would give me this certain sum of cash to buy a new wardrobe with. Really? Well, hey, if I lose all that weight I'm going to need to unmentionables (to mention them here that would be, well bras, etc.) So the deal includes a seperate budget for lingerie! Oh ya baby.

Deal!

I am pretty darn freaking motivated now. My lunch is packed today. I have healthy fresh lunch in my work fridge here. I have a case of water sitting beside it (I like it room temp). My weigh in on Saturday gave me a bit of oomph as well as I was down 1.4 lbs. Ya, yippee for me! It was a triumph, a small one, but a triumph in an otherwise tough week. I still haven't lost the weight I gained over the Christmas Season! Sigh. But now, oh yes now... the motivation is on!

Hmm... I probably should have negotiated a budget for new shoes too... sans used teabags!

No comments: