Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Tracking

So, I just returned from a few days in Edmonton - and I must say I think I did not too bad in the food department. I made good breakfast decisions (I had the most amazing egg white only omlette, with broccoli... and a fresh fruit salad on the side! SUCCESS!!!) No lunch. Argh. No time. But I did have a more than adequate supply of caffeine in my system so I was pretty wired!

I was in Edmonton for two reasons - first, to meet with a certain hotel conference manager regarding a conference (didn't see that one coming did you?) this fall, making final arrangements, etc. The second reason was that my trip coincided with the annual Partylite National Conference which was SO good. I stayed really on track with my food.

Track... tracking... I hate that word. Makes me think that someone is stalking me - I have a tracker! Who/what is tracking me? Sue!!! It must be. She haunts my sleep! In rebellion - I order nachos and an iced tea at 11:00 p.m. and enjoyed every bite!

Track track track.... write it down... can I cheat and say I didn't have the nachos? I can... I did. I'm bad. Oh so bad.

Thankfully, the last day of the conference, Saturday, was good and I had appropriately slapped my self on my wrists - and had that mirror conversation. You know it. We've all had one. "Okay you, I see you, Ya, you there in the mirror. Look at you!! Are you proud of the way you look? Were the nachos worth it? (okay, maybe they were....) what are you doing to do about it?" So myself answered "leave me alone!!! Go track something!"

Saturday evening, I had dinner with my former brother-in-law, his wife, and their children. It was nice, relaxing, and oh so healthy! I felt good when I left there. I felt I could track without lying about it! Everything was "core" except the dessert, but hey, I only had a wee sliver!

Sunday - this is where I fell apart....
My husband picked me up at the airport in Toronto on Sunday morning (I was stupid enough to book a 6 a.m. flight home! ARGH! Stupid me!) He whisked me off from there to Niagara-on-the-Lake for a belated 5th anniversary celebration. He's so sweet. He packed a picnic lunch, all of which was reasonably healthy. It poured. We picniced in the car. sigh. Checked into a delightful bed & breakfast, Merlot House. Check it out... www.merlothouse.ca

Dinner was at the Hillebrand Vineyards - and after some sparkling wine, 2 appetizers, soup, and our main course (and wine, which I shouldn't have had!) we had a delightful and decadent dessert. The vineyard pastry chef wrote, in chocolate, across the plate "Happy 5th Anniversary"... As I stared at it I mummbled to myself "I can't believe I'm eating this". Believe it. I ate it. After our bill (just over $300 for the two fo us) we left for the B&B. I felt chubby, and so unattractive... but delighted still in the taste experience!

The B&B served a delicious breakfast - I won't get into details.... suffice to say, we had to do a fair bit of walking that day!!! Ooooh, fudge. I had to stop into the little Maple Leaf fudge place in Niagara-on-the-Lake.

Back home Monday evening, I had a toasted tomato sandwich (appropriately on WW bread) and a glass of water. I think I was still full. WW by the way, is Weight Watchers.

Now I'm at work, and I packed my lunch - or part of it. I left the fudge at home!

I wonder if I'm supposed to track the fudge?

No comments: