Friday, August 29, 2008

It's Friday but Sunday is coming!

Fridays. The name alone conjurs up images of frivolity, long weekends, sunshine and.... food.

Last weekend, we trekked to Kingston for a wedding, and between lunch at Lone Star with our daughter, son, and daughter-in-law, and the reception dinner at the University Club, and then a brunch at Ramekins (http://www.ramekins.ca/menus/breakfast/index.php) a wonderful little spot in Kingston - but make reservations if you plan to go on a sunday... the church crowd gets in and you can't budge!!..... well, we plum ate enough to feed a small african nation.

We didn't eat again until we arrived home from Kingston, and then just had toasted tomato sandwiches, which were divinely simple and delicious!

So, ya, it's Friday again. We have yet another wedding, this time on Sunday in Perth. How could people possibly break up a long weekend like that? Meh.

I had a bit of a health scare this week, nothing to joke about, so I won't. Suffice to say, it shook me up and I'm taking this thing seriously.

This will be my first Saturday morning in town for weeks, so I will be at WW for sure tomorrow. Sadly, I will have to confess the 2 pounds I lost, well, apparently I found them! They were hiding under a roll of fat on my gut.. but yep, found it! Whew, that was close - would HATE to lose something so close to me! I have to face 'The Terminator' on Satuday - Sue. I have sufficient pin pricks in my hands and arms to prove that I was not a well puppy this week. Hopefully she will have some pity on me - weep uncontrollably at my misfortune - and not say a word about the size of my 'assets'.

So, It's friday but Sunday is coming - and that's wedding time. Can I get through the day without blowing it? Yes.

YES YES YES.

Woohoo!

No comments: