Sunday, July 26, 2009

Week 1 of the restart

So... I weighed in on Saturday.... I'm down 4.2 lbs.

I like playing in the sandbox!

Here were the challenges of the week:

1. Holidays. I did really well and stuck to the week 1 book, religiously, for most of the week.
2. Day trip on Wednesday - ended up at Swiss Chalet for supper. I didn't have my 'Dining Out' book with so I sat down, asked for a glass of water and a nutritional guide. Chose my food based on that. I ate a delicious dinner for 7.5 pts.
3. Pot Luck on Thursday evening with friends. I took a green salad and fat free dressings. Stayed within my points and had fresh fruit for dessert.
4. Beach day on Friday. Seriously. Went to the beach (sans bathing suit) and relaxed. I packed us a nice picnic lunch and we just had a delightful afternoon in Cobourg.
5. Dinner Friday evening with friends on Friday - my big BLOW. Nothing was on plan. I tried hard to limit portions and the variety of what I was eating. Dinner lasted from 6:30 to 10:30.... then we sat outside for another hour after that. I knew when I got home (around midnight) that I was no where NEAR plan.

So, Friday evening discouraged me. I had been down more earlier in the week but I knew that eating such rich foods late at night was going to play with my numbers. ARGH! It did. However, I was totally successful the rest of the week, so my 4.2 lbs is a major victory!

Celebrate.

Now, week 2 of week 1. Yes, I'm repeating it.

So far... it's sunday and I've already had a few challenges.
  • Last night we had company for dinner, we bbq'd steak. I weighed my beef portion and only had 4oz. Success.
  • Dessert was angel food cake, strawberries, whipped cream. I didn't have the cream. Success.
  • Breakfast was shredded wheat, skim milk, blueberries. Success
  • Lunch today was a hot dog... FAIL
  • Supper tonight was Potato Chowder (a weight watchers week 1 recipe) Success
  • snacks today were: an apple, some grapes, a granola bar. I'd say Success, right?
The week will continue - as I head back to work after 2 weeks off.
I'll let you know how it goes.... I'll have to carefully plan my meals.

Here I go.....

No comments: