Friday, July 3, 2009

Help! I've fallen and I can't get up!

Ever wondered what happens when you fall off the "food" wagon? Well, you lie in a pool of self-pity screaming that you'd pick yourself up if you could!

My week has been full of culinary mishaps... red meat three times (steak, steak, and um, steak), high fatty foods, and a touch of alcohol. So, yes, I've fallen.... and I'm trying desperately now to get up on to my feet again and walk! Walk, that is, straight to my Weight Watchers meeting on Saturday. Honestly, there are days I really don't want to go. I get so discouraged. Why am I paying all this money to just sit around and eat whatever passes by me? I don't know. I really don't know.

I weighed myself last night, I'm back to my starting weight again. Oh, and the ultimate self-insult? I was trying on a pair of shoes today and happened to be seated right in front of a mirror. As I struggled to lift my fat leg up to take off my running shoe (I use the term "running" very loosely here), I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror. I was shocked. Those could NOT be my legs! Someone must have switched them for a fat person's legs when I was sleeping! Yes, obviously that is what happened! Alas, they were my legs and I was disgusted by what I saw.

So I came in to work, had my fat free yogurt, three bottles of water... and don't ask what else....

I'll trudge on to WW in the morning, face the music, face myself (the much harsher critic) and get on with it. This has got to end! Today!

.... and yes, I bought the most beautiful pair of shoes today!

The day had to have some redeeming quality to it!

No comments: