Friday, March 19, 2010

Spring

I guess we are at the end of winter - I hope!  I found myself dreaming of spring this week.  The air smelled like it.  The temperature screamed it.  Best of all, my footsteps felt it!  I switched my walking route to work from the winter "Path" in Toronto to outside fresh air.  The fresh air makes me walk faster.  Faster must be good because I get to work winded!  Winded must mean I've raised my heart rate, burned some calories, done something good for myself.

Ah, spring! 

Now the hard part... working off the ravages of winter!  Dry hands, dry feet, dry hair... extra pounds from all the 'comfort foods'!  It was definitely the winter of discontent. No matter how hard I tried, I just couldn't stay motivated.  So, what's motivating me now?

Easy.  I just returned from 11 days in Florida.  The first four were business, and included the usual business lunches and dinners, delicious but not diet friendly.  The last 7 were vacation with my husband.  I ate much better during the vacation part than I did during the business part.  We bought a small styrofoam cooler so that we could pack picnic lunches, buy milk, fruit, etc.  Much more successful, but not entirely!  I tried on a few bathing suits down there.  Oh my.  If you read my 'tag line' in this blog you know that this is a journey toward skinny jeans and bathing suits.  I couldn't find a single suit that made me look anything but like a beached whale!  So, no bathing suit.  Funny, before I left for Florida I thought I'd try on my old Victoria's Secret bathing suit that I bought when I was at a much nicer weight!  Cute little 2-piece.  I couldn't get the cute little bottoms up!  [insert disgusted look here.] 

I weighed myself when I got home from Florida, and not surprisingly, the numbers were not very nice to me. 

So,it's time to enjoy all that spring has in store for me including putting that 'spring' back in my step before I hear the 'spring' on my scale go "BOING".

No comments: