Friday, May 15, 2009

Fashion (non)sense!

I would like to think that I'm savvy enough to have some sort of fashion sense. I don't know. Today, on my way back from Dr. Pain and passing Mister Softee and the other usual temptations along the route, I also had the unfortunate privilege (?) of walking behind a woman who, I think, might not understand what looks good on her figure and what does not. This woman was wearing a t-shirt and a pair of Daisy Duke short shorts and sandals. Okay, so nothing too shocking there - that is if you are about 16-20 years old and have a slender body, and slender legs too. This poor woman's 'muffin top' was spilling so far over the itsy bitsy shorts that it was hard to tell if the shorts were low riders or not. What I do know is that they were excessively short - and very tight. So not only did she have a muffin top, her thighs were squeezing out of the shorts as if they were escaping some type of high pressure tube. This woman was under the delusion that she was a svelte size 10. Her sandals were nice though!

Then I passed another woman - walking toward me - who appeared to be somewhat strung out. She was wearing a 'cardigan' (I use that term loosely) that was hanging off her. She also had a flashdance type top on and was obviously braless - I know that because her right boob was literally completely exposed! She was wearing track pants that were way too big for her. She must have weighed about 110 pounds - soaking wet.

What polar opposites. I think they got their wardrobes mixed up!

Then, to make matters even worse, I passed Cultures/Thai Express and looked in the window - there was another woman, rather tall, wearing jeans, a sweater and track shoes. She too had a muffin top and looked really frumpy. I wanted to scream at her, to tell her that she looked so frumpy and didn't she realize that........ oh wait, that was my own reflection in the glass!

Sigh.... It's friday again.

No comments: