Friday, May 8, 2009

Dr. Pain and Mr. Softee

Today is Friday. The sun is shining. All is right with the world. I think.

Because of my rather sore back, I've been re-visiting my chiropractor whom I have nick-named "Dr. Pain".. or as I called him today "Helga." I mean, please. He's been working some very tight areas in my upper back, my lower back, my butt, and my neck. I told him not to work too much on the butt, if it was getting tight, let it go! he he. Okay seriously, he's been doing a great job and my pain has been decreasing with each visit. His real name is Dr. Robert Evans... okay that name alone conjurs up images of sausage and bacon, and eggs, and home fries, and Biscuits and sausage gravy at Bob Evans in the U.S.

..... I need a moment .....


Okay, I'm back.

So, yes, went to see Dr. Pain today. On my way back to work I passed not one, but TWO ice cream trucks "Mister Softee"... seriously! I thought "this is providence, first I see dr. pain and then I see Mr. Softee... it's a sign!"

I walked past both trucks, and two hot dog vendors... but my stomach was now very upset with me - so I ducked in to a Timmies - and bought chicken noodle soup. Probably the best choice of the day. I rounded it out with a fat free yogurt, an apple, and skim milk. Good choices.

Weigh in tomorrow. Sigh.

No comments: