Sunday, January 18, 2009

The Band wagon

What, pray tell, is a Band Wagon? Why must we either be 'getting on the band wagon' or 'falling off the band wagon'? Where's the music on the band wagon? Where's the band? Who IS the band? Hmmmph. I decided I hate the band wagon. Why is that I must choose to be on it, or falling off it? Whatever happened to marching to the tune of a different drummer? Was HE on the bandwagon? I have no idea about the band wagon, but I do know band 'width'... and my width is, well, it's wide.

Last week I tracked, like a good girl. I ate "filling foods." I used about half of my 35 flex points. I was, what I think is, ON the band wagon. What did it get me? .4lbs ya, that's not 4 as in FOUR pounds.. it was ZERO POINT FOUR as in 0.4 as in not quite 0.5 or half a pound. What is up with that? Well I'll tell ya... I went home after weighing in and ate all day. Yes I did. I ate. Ya, I quasi tracked it too. I was actually better than I thought - because in my mind I only used 4 of this week's flex points.

Why do we have husbands? Oh, let me tell you why... so they can tell you exactly what you DID eat. Did you remember to write down the 2 chocolates you ate. Yes I did! Thank you very much! Oh, well did you write down the other 2? Other 2? I had two more? Oh ya, thanks okay, I'll write that down. Did you write down the 3 cookies you ate too? I had 3 cookies? Really? Yes, you did. Okay, fine, I'll write them down too. What about the bite of Kirstie's souvlaki when you met her at the mall? Okay, now he was just getting annoying!

Today, I did much better. I tracked almost everything. I also packed my lunch for tomorrow and wrote it down in my tracker. So I feel justified, verified, vilified... and a little petrified... that he's going to ask me "did you write down....."

I think I'll accidentally toss him off the bandwagon... maybe he'll break something!

No comments: