Thursday, June 9, 2011

Progress... progress...

Week 2 of my no/low carb diet proved a flop - I didn't lose an ounce.  Not one.  Nada. Nyet. Zilch. 
BUT... I am not wavering.  I did speak to a friend (doctor) who told me I needed some complex carbs in my diet, more than what I was getting.  So here in week 3 I added sweet potatoes to my evening meals.  I also started having oatmeal in the morning for breakfast. I was finding I wasn't full enough and started to feel a bit lightheaded by mid-morning.  I've also been exercising (toning) in an effort to tighten up the jelly-belly!

She also suggested using a whole grain wrap - which I did.  I bought, at her suggestion, wraps by "LaTortilla Factory".  These are huge.  They have 18g of carbs but 12g of FIBRE!  So does that make it net 6g useless carbs? Yes.    6 g.  Not bad.  They taste good. I've been having those with roast turkey breast, lettuce, tomatoes, cukes, and a dash of spicy mustard. I cut them in half (big) and have 1/2 a wrap around 11:00 when I'm hungry, and save the other half for mid-afternoon when I'm hungry again.  I'm finding that I'm not nearly has lightheaded (no blond jokes here please) nor am I at that ravenous hungry stage when I get home! 

Better yet.  I tried my dress on this morning for my daughter's wedding... it ZIPPED UP!!!!!!!!  I was so excited I began to cry. 

So what I learned this week was:
1.  I need to eat a bit more (done)
2.  I needed to add some complex carbs (done)
3.  It's more about how I feel than how I look - the dress zipped up!! 
4.  Never - ever - give up!

I'll update you after weigh in Saturday!   Until then... eat up! But eat well!

No comments: