Tuesday, January 5, 2010

New Year - New Me? Again????

Okay, I read back through my blog and found the above title "New Year - New Me"... but in actuality it seems it was the same OLD me! So here I am... again! It's been awhile - so my update may be longer...

I ended the year over my starting weight from last year. Sad, but true! I got right back at it though, and on Saturday (January 2nd) I weighed in! I was right, I was over. I had not been to WW for the three previous weeks and so I was predicting an increase in weight - I was up 4.4 lbs. But now, I am focused - for real!

I found a few new products that I'd like to tell you about too. For starters, i have a thing for potato chips. Oh the crispy salty delights that they are! Today, I found a box of Ruffles "100 Calories" snack packs. True said! So I check them out - each little package inside (there are 5 in the box) are 2 pts. So I get my crispy/salty fix without over eating!! That to me was a huge plus! Yummy good! Yummy, YUMMY good.

Also, WW has a new product called "Melts". These are little hard candies (Cappuccino Cream flavoured) that take away that urge for something sweet. If I were to eat an entire box, it's only 1 point... I opened a box on Saturday, shared with the ladies around me, put the box in my purse and now that box sits on my desk at work - I still have some left. Good investment.

What else did I get new? Hmmm... oh yes. WW Smoothies. Haven't tried them yet so I can't comment. I got the chocolate ones - 1 pt if you mix with water, 3 if you mix with Skim Milk.

This is my 2nd day back at work after the holidays and I've made my lunch both days. Wow, I know.... shocking! I have water in my office, snacks (aka potato chips), and packed healthy lunches - so proud of myself. ha ha. Then, last night for dinner, I cooked chicken cacciatore from the Week 1 booklet. It's delicious and very filling! 8 pts. Fantastic.

I guess the most important thing to know is that I am focused and determined that 2010 is MY year! It was 10 years ago this month that I joined WW in Kingston, ON. I lost 55 pounds at that time. It took me a year and a half to do it, but I did it. I was at my lowest in self esteem when I joined then. My previous marriage was in the toilet and getting sucked down the drain. I felt horrible about myself, my life, my body. It was not a good time.

Losing weight gave me a new confidence - or rather, a renewed confidence. When I was on my own (2001-2003) I felt strong, independent, and beautiful! I remarried in August of 2003 and my husband is a wonderful man - strong, handsome, kind, and loving. He's also a wonderful cook. And.. of course... I like to eat. We're a great combination! :)

All my weight is back on, and then some. My overall self esteem is good. I just don't like the way I look - the way my clothes feel, the way I get tired easily when walking. So, 2010 - ten years later.. it's time to really get serious, and get it off! This is MY year. This is MY decision. This is MY way of getting a new wardrobe!

Happy New Year!

No comments: